Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Bastille Day

(Other than the title, this post has nothing to do with France.)

In money matters....

Last Saturday, the lottery prize was about $22 million, and I won TEN dollars. I was so excited. So tomorrow I have to reinvest my winnings because the top prize is now up to $32 million. I was so thrilled with my TEN dollar prize that I can’t imagine winning more. $32 million buys a lot of Triscuits.

In other news, I was reading the G&M’s article about high-interest savings accounts, which are basically non-existent these days, unless you consider 1.6% to be high interest. But the thing that caught my eye is that one of the best rates is offered by Canadian Tire Bank. Excuse me? Canadian Tire has its own bank?

Am I the only person who didn’t know this? Canadian Tire is where I might go for a garden hose or a lawn chair, but Canadian Tire Bank? If I made a withdrawal would I get regular Bank of Canada money or would I get Canadian Tire money. And for years, Canadian Tire had Scrooge as its spokesman. Would I invest my money with Scrooge? Maybe he wouldn’t even let me make a withdrawal. He'd keep all my money and fondle it with his greedy little fingerless gloves. I don’t trust this bank at all.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

but it has pretty money

Anonymous said...

would you have to spend your interest with the CT money?