Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Week continues

I met up with someone new last night. He seemed okay....at first. I felt comfortable right away and so did he. He seemed happy. We had no specific plan except to meet, and I needed to go to Zellers, so I asked him if he minded. And he was very agreeable. He even said that doing something was better than just sitting and having a coffee and trying to make conversation. So off we went in search of a bread-maker (which was out of stock and I didn't want to bother getting a raincheck. Alas.)

So after we leave the store, he says "so you want to get something to eat or to drink, or do we just go back to your place?" I was very clear that we were not going back to my place. And he was okay with that. No harm in asking, I suppose.

We sit down in the food court with a coffee and he asks me about the ring on my left hand. I tell him it was my mother's and I wear on the left because that's where it fits best. But I'm not married. Then:

Me: How about you? Have you ever been married?
Him: I am married.
Me: What?
Him: I am married. Now. But my wife is not in Montreal. We have problems. Very complicated.
Me: Okay.
Him: You didn't ask me before. So I thought you didn't care if I was married.
(pause)
Him: Well? Is this the end?
Me: Yes.

Dating is so fun!!

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

barrel of laughs, apparently

Anonymous said...

...and you didn't even get the breadmaker. I'd say, all in all, a bad evening.

JAW fan