Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Here is how I have spent my Valentine's Day so far. I got to work and was feeling head-ache-y so I bought a coffee and a cranberry juice because I think I am dehydrated. I was really thirsty.

I get to my desk and it turns out my plastic juice bottle is one of those duds where the top just won't come off. My hand got all red trying to twist it. So I put on a mitten. That did not work. I took a paper towel to get a grip. That did not work. I put it down and stared at it. That did not work. I tried a knife but it was too dull.

I went to my colleague in the next office, thinking perhaps I am just weak from dehydration, but she could not open it either. But she had a sharper knife. So I went to the kitchen with her knife and spent over 10 minutes sawing the plastic twist top off the stupid defiant bottle.

If finally came off and I figure I lost about 3 or 4 gulps down the drain. But at least I won that battle. So at 9:40 I was ready to work, but I decided to blog about this instead. So now I will get to work.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

VDay can only improve at this point--