Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Movie Review

I saw the original True Grit at the Border Drive-In when I was 8 or 9 years old. I loved John Wayne, and the rest is history.

I think the new True Grit is terrific. Jeff Bridges is great. It seemed to me that he was doing a John Wayne tribute. Not a parody, but an homage, if that is the right word.

But the best thing about the movie is the dialogue. If you like the way people spoke during The Civil War, you'll love the talkin' in this movie. I'd see it again just to listen to their vocabularies. Nobody talks like that anymore and it is our loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that kind of dialogue, but it's kind of a lie, isn't it? These people were cavemen -- even if they knew the bible by heart -- and the Cohens are having us on.

Ah, though, the Border Drive In. Those happy nights, begging my parents to slow down as we drove by, so I could see topless co-eds and/or stewardess-slash-pussycats.