Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday is market day

I am still in Survivalist Mode. Which means I am going to the local seasonal market each Saturday and buying veggies and freezing them, better to await the impending Apocalypse. I never shoulda read The Road.

This does, however, mean I have to keep my fridge and freezer in order. A bonus in my cluttered life.

An aside, Ramadan is almost over. Remember my Ramadan goal of decluttering? Want to know how successful I've been? Well. Um. I did manage to drop off two pairs of jeans at the good will bin. Yeah, pretty lame. Maybe I'll do A LOT of decluttering this weekend. (Slaps knee, good one, good one.)

Anyway, this morning at the market I purchased purple beans. I had never to my recollection even seen purple beans before. I googled them and they are called Royal Burgundy. Of course, in my mind they immediately became Ron Burgundy beans. I wanted to photograph them but somebody needed the space.

"Le Grand Orange with Ron Burgundy Beans". Eat your heart out, Cezanne.

Then another country was heard from, wanting to be photographed. This is the first indoor pic I get of Miss H. where she doesn't have light bulb eyes.


"Hello, inferior humans"

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

o you cat lady--
what cute photos
signed: newly minted C.L. de l'ouest

Anonymous said...

sooo cute! then again I have a soft spot for orange tabbies. Can you believe our old lady is 19 years old (and not so good looking)