Monday, September 14, 2009

Not quite back to work

I'm sick. I have a head cold. My throat is raw. This started on Saturday. I'm about to call my boss to tell her I won't be in today. This is rather embarrassing. I got up, got dressed and was all ready to give it a try, but then I started coughing and breaking out in a cold sweat, and I realized it was stupid to drag myself to work just because I'm getting back from vacation.

It does look bad, though, doesn't it?

I'm going back to bed in a minute. Bleh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what, you don't have enough vacation days that you have to play hookie. sheesh.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I wish. There is no hookie playing involved today. I felt so lousy this morning. I woke up an hour ago at 1:30. I think I needed that rest.

Note to self: Next year, take a post-vacation vacation.