Tuesday, September 15, 2009

In TV news

Three things.

1. Yesterday, when I was lounging sick at home watching tennis (by the way, great job JM Del Potro the giant-sized man-child) I flipped over to watch a bit of the premiere of Dr. Oz's new show. I don't mind Dr. Oz. Really. I think he is okay. But his show? Well, it's all about ratings, I guess. This is why the first 15 minutes were all about S E X and were far too graphic for moi. Call me an old prude ("you're an old prude") but this was way over the line for daytime t.v. I kept thinking of all the people who were not watching this in the privacy of their own home, but who for whatever reason were stuck with the show on in a public place, like a gym, or an airport, or a nursing home (tv's are always on there). I would've been mucho uncomfortable if I was stuck on an elliptical trainer while Dr. Oz discussed private dangly bits. It was too much.

2. I've seen the first three episodes of Mad Men. I'm downloading (resentfully). Oh, Peggy, you are going to get in such trouble. Of course, Peggy has already been in "trouble" and survived, so maybe she will be okay. Peggy would've needed some assistance from Dr. Oz back in Season One. She should've avoided Pete's dangly bits altogether. I hate Pete. Still hate him in Season 3.

3. The Jay Leno Show. Why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...as long as he wasn't talking about Jay Leno's dangly bits!

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Shudder.

cityofmushrooms said...

re: MM
I popped in on what I guess was the 3rd show
go peggy go, I say
isn't she fighting for equal pay?
-soon she'll be straightening her hair a la gloria s and burning her bra--beware pete, double beware don
o and ps to don: that birth was sho nuff rough on you: drink up, bud