Thursday, October 14, 2010

Those rescued miners

I saw the last of the rescued miners come out of the ground last night. It was a wonderful moment.

But I have two comments:

1) The President of Chile is a windbag. My gawd, man, shut up. The head miner has been down there for over two months. You think he wants to spend his first moments above ground listening to you drone on and on. STFU, hombre.

2) The Chilean national anthem is endless. It's kinda like the Chilean President. It never ended.

If I had been trapped in a hole for two months, what is the first thing I might've wanted to do upon rescue? Not sing O Canada. I would be more like that one who asked his wife: How's the dog? But I might've said: I need chips.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

they would have sent you chips underground

Brian Busby said...

But not Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Susieq said...

The most interesting one was the miner with the wife and the mistress - and I bet they're so happy to have all this stuff being known right around the world!
The first chap came out at 2.30pm so everyone at work downed pens and watched it.