Monday, October 04, 2010

Countdown to Crazy Thanksgiving

In a moment of insanity, I decided to invite Fancy Feast to my place for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner next weekend. He was delighted, to say the least, because he is not from a traditional "Canadian" culture (i.e. he was born in Egypt) so he has never been invited for a real Thanksgiving before.

His first question: What's the smallest turkey we can get?
Answer: We're not getting a turkey for two people. If we did we would be eating leftovers and turkey soup until Xmas. We are getting a turkey breast and a turkey leg so we have enough white and dark meat for us both without excessive leftovers.

This seemed to satisfy him.

Next question: Can we have fingerling potatoes?

Excuse me?

He wants fingerling potatoes. If we cook them with the meat, they will absorb turkey juices and will be delicious, he states. No need for mashed potatoes, he says.

At this point, I turned the cooking of the whole meal over to him. Why fight it? Resistance is futile. So, I'm buying everything and he is in charge of the kitchen. I'll just drink wine while he works.

Stay tuned for further details.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

this sounds like a perfect plan

Anonymous said...

I like it too. Get a full turkey and we'll all be over.

Anonymous said...

I like it too. Get a full turkey and we'll all be over.