Monday, October 08, 2012

A Small Holiday Miracle

Happy Thanksgiving to all. The African Mask is gone from my humble home. Yes!

Yesterday, Fancy Feast dropped in for a chat. He is now semi-officially living in NDG with the new girlfriend. So he is a 10-minute walk from my place. O joy.

He resisted taking the mask. "Does it really bother you that much?" he asked. I said, why yes, yes, it does bother me that much. "Why," he asked. "It's been here for a year."  Yes, that's part of the problem.  I want it out. So he reluctantly took it, saying "I don't know what 'new girlfriend' is going to say about it. So far all I have is a suitcase with some clothes and some toiletries".  Well, I said, now you'll have the mask too.  And off he went, bearing the mask.  Adieu African mask!

(Aside, I need a nickname for the new girlfriend. Right now I just think of her as "Poor Sarah". I'll have to come up with something else. Run, girl! It's not too late.)


3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

PS (Poor Sarah) sounds like a good name

Anonymous said...

maskless in ndg...
mask inheritor?

Anonymous said...

Here are my suggestions:

The Bride of Feast
Lady With a Leech

Those might be too long...yeah, maybe Mushrooms is right. Just a simple "PS".

Knuckles G.