Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Yes, it is moi

At the upper end of my street there is an elderly couple who spend pretty well the whole summer sitting on their front porch. They are always there (during daylight hours) and most of the time their across-the-street neighbour, who is an eccentric junk dealer, is sitting with them. He talks non-stop. Everyone knows him because he rides his bike all over the neighbourhood looking for recyclable cans and other stuff in everyone's trash.

Yesterday I was walking up to the mall, and the three of them were sitting outside. There was nobody else around.  As I walked past, I heard the woman say "That's the woman I was talking about." And the neighbour paused, looked over at me, and said "Oh yes".

So here's the question. What are they saying about me? In what context was I the topic of conversation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take your pick:

A) the one who brings young men home
B) the one who brings people of colour into her house
C) the one who had all those drunk people over years ago
D) the nut with all the cats
E) the hottie I wouldn't mind doing

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

They were saying: "She's a totally rockin' young babe who is also a friend to cats."