Saturday, December 31, 2011

Endings

It's the end of the year. Though already the New Year in Australia! Happy New Year down under!

It being another year down the old drain, it gets me to thinkin'. About...divorce. I'm smiling over the news stories that teenage girls are having the vapours over the divorce of ding dong Katy Perry and unwashed wit Russell Brand. Only teenage girls are optimistic enough and naive enough to have pinned their hopes on a show biz twosome. I, on the other hand, am thinking: wow, it lasted 14 months, that's twice my prediction. Good on them.

On a more serious note. The sister of a friend of mine was dumped by her husband recently. Dumped after 42 years of marriage. 42 years!!! He met another woman. I can't imagine even wanting to get used to being with another person after having been with the same person for 42 years. What is this guy thinking? I've known about this for 3 days and I still can't process it. Does he really wants to adapt to someone else's habits when he's over 65 years old? Really? I'd love to know what goes on in people's heads. Humans are baffling. And doing this knowing it will destroy his wife and alienate his grown children. Jeez. What is behind this? I just don't get humans.

A cat would never walk out like that :)

No comments: