Monday, July 11, 2011

Kumar: Back to the Future

Had an unexpected visit from Kumar on the weekend. The man still has no sense of time.

When I met Kumar, almost 3 years ago, his goal was to land a good civil service job. Which he did, finally, as a Business Analyst/Project Manager in Toronto. A civil service career would show everybody back home that he was successful in Canada. So now after 2 years, he is bored, unchallenged and wants to get out and start up his own business again.

Apparently you can’t make serious money in the civil service, you have to work for yourself to be really successful. And apparently the next decade are the prime earning years.

See what happens when we let in these “brown” immigrants, with their “goals” and “ambitions”. They just want to make “money” and be “successful” and make the rest of us public servants look lazy. Harrumph.

I asked him if he got along with his colleagues in the Ontario Civil Service. He said “They think I’m a bitch”. Really, I said, a bitch? “Yeah, but I say you have your projects, I have my projects, we work on them, you don’t have to be my friend”. Warm and fuzzy, he ain’t.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

so no cupcakes on collegues birthdays, eh?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Not even Halal cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

Have been away for a few days:

This comment refers to the Chip* review below.

I had alreday reviewed them a couple of years ago...went into archives to see how I rated them.

Turns out I gave them an 8.5 and referred to them as "snacks that would have made the saddest of Spartans dance his woes away in a fury of happy nakedness, leaving his confused wife wondering why her mousaka was left untouched."

After reading both these reviews, I know what I'm going to be buying this weekend!!! mmmmmm!!!!

JAW fan

*I think this word is important enough to capitalize the C.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I want to buy 'em again too. This is bad news.

cityofmushrooms said...

a chip review archive!
who knew?