Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Don't Kill Me for This

Fancy Feast just called. I'm advancing him some money. Don't kill me, please. I know better, but I'm doing it anyway.

If you look back to last Friday's blog post, he is entitled to $400 from his employee's pension plan. He needs the money. It will take at least 6 weeks, according to the paperwork in my possession, for them to process the request for the cheque. He can't wait 6 weeks.


So I'm putting the money in his account, $200 for now, and when he is back in Montreal he will deposit the cheque and pay back his debt. He has always paid up in the past, so I am trusting him to pay up in the future. I won't lend him the whole $400 at once because I told him he will blow it all and I am protecting him from himself. He whined about that. Tough shit, buddy. Take the $200 or leave it.


He said he will be back in Montreal WAY before November because B.C. is incredibly expensive. Gee, now he knows what the rest of the country has known for years. He can't afford to buy beer, and a steak at the grocery store costs $10.00. I didn't ask him for the price of pot. It must be cheap, since they grow so much of it out there.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

If you didn't understand the above, it was a "No Comment"

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Thanks for explaining. I did not get it.

I KNOW. I expect to get hell for this from everyone I tell, and that is why I'm telling everybody. My sister will probably try to have me declared unfit to manage my affairs and freeze my bank account.

cityofmushrooms said...

DON'T tell your sis!

Harry Flashman said...

It's only money!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Riiight. What's a few hundred to keep the Fancy Feast saga running? A mere pittance.

Anonymous said...

To be fair, years ago, I did once give someone $2000 after having only known them a month (someone who was drinking and gambling at the time, besides that!)...but I was in the start of a relationship and was investing in it. Things turned out well. The money helped him to turn his life around, for which he is still grateful...and I did get every penny back, even though I never asked for it...so I should not judge you. At least it's only $200.

You really have be directly involved in the situation to know if it feels right or wrong. And if you make a mistake, well live and learn. In my instance, I was prepared to lose the $2000 and the relationship if things didn't improve.

On a happier note, only three more days till Greek Feta Chips.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Speak for yourself, I'm picking up my Greek Feta Chips on the way home tonight. Why wait for the weekend? Life is short!