Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Liberté, égalité, fraternité*

*I don't know how to put accents on in blogger, but then I had the brilliant idea of copying the title from wikipedia, and voila, accents. C'est magnifique.

Ever have a memory pop into your head from, say, 30 years ago, and think "I cannot remember the last time I thought of that"? I just had one.

I was thinking of a friend whose birthday I always remember because it is today, the French Holiday.

Suddenly, I remembered an even older friend, from Cegep days, Amanda S., who spent most of her time worrying about her love life/sex life. At one point one summer, she was complaining about her long dry spell and said "It will be 9 months on Bastille Day!"

Totally forgot about that until 10 minutes ago. Happy Bastille Day to all.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

eat, drink, smoke a gitane (but don't cover your face or you'll get arrested)