Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Huzzah

Our browsers at work have been upgraded. This means I can blog at work again. Oh joy.  My job may become bearable again.

The only news that matters today, however, is that photos have appeared on the Internet of Prince Harry cavorting nude.  Cavorting.  I'm looking up that word. Has anyone ever cavorted while clothed? I think not.  Except for clothed in a bikini, perhaps.  I believe the bikini clad amongst us also cavort (on a beach only), but primarily cavorting can be done in the nude only.

Oxford says to cavort is to "prance around excitedly or self-indulgently".  Prance? Not run or jump? Prance.  Nude prancing around = cavorting.  And in Harry's case, royally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, according to Oxford, in the mid-to-late 80s I would cavort every time I saw Chuck Woolery.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

bravo to all cavorting

Susieq said...

Actually, I was expecting he might be doing that other fav word of the British tabloids - 'romping' - not looked it up in the Oxford, but celebrities certainly engage in 'romps', usually with people not their wives/husbands/partners. Maybe royals 'cavort'?