Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Middle-age health woes

I have to share this because it was such a Dean Martin moment.

JAW Fan calls me to complain about his sore back, and in the background I hear this loud tinkling noise. I'm about to ask if those are ice cubes I hear, but he beats me to it by saying he's fixing himself a vodka.

I believe it was Homer who said: Alcohol, the cause of and solution to, all of life's problems.

I really think he needed to down some painkillers with that vodka, but he preferred to actually wake up tomorrow morning. I just can't figure out how a person drinks vodka while lying on his back on the floor. I can understand ending up on your back on the floor after consuming vodka (especially with painkillers) but not during the consumption process.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

suave

Anonymous said...

my back has been hurting all week as well....I need to kick it up a notch and hit the vodka tonight instead of advil. Ms. A.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

So JAW Fan is staying home from work today because of his back, but did that stop him from coming downtown to buy movie tickets? It did not. He was even chauffered downtown. Oh yeah, he's REALLY incapacitated.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. Let's be honest, it's the vodka that caught up to him. wow he has a chauffeur, now I'm picturing Dudley Moore going to get movie tix. ms.a.