Wednesday, September 19, 2007

World Report: Belgium in Crisis!

Apparently there is some big constitutional crisis going on in Belgium. Who cares, right?

Given the Belgian reputation, I don’t think there will be bloody fighting in the streets, but maybe both sides will look down their noses at each other mercilessly and snub each other ruthlessly.

This is a good time to mock Belgians, but I know two of them, and darn it, I like them both. So I’m at a loss.

And how can I complain about a country that gave us both Jacques Brel and mayo on fries? I'm surprised I'm not living there.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

not to mention jc vandamme and tintin!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Ack! I forgot about Van Damme, but of course, YOU never do.

Tintin rules!

cityofmushrooms said...

the muscles from brussels