Monday, May 12, 2008

Putt, putt, beep, beep

I don't like to drive and try to avoid it. But Spring is here, and for the past two weekends I have found myself on the road, specifically Highway 20.

There seem to be an unusually large number of people driving on the highway at 90 km/h. I find this odd. When I pass them, zooming along at a mighty 105 km/h, I note that they are not little grey heads peering over the steering wheel, but regular middle-aged folks. Driving slow.

My frugal brain tells me this is to conserve gas. I can't see why else they are doing this. I'm not complaining about this trend. I'm sure Al Gore would be pleased. I just find it weird.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

you probably passed me

Anonymous said...

Actually, as of April 1st fines for speeding went up - way, way up - and more points are taken off your license for a ticket. I have noticed people driving slower as well and I think this may have something to do with it (there was a piece in the paper last week that mentioned if you are going 40km over the speed limit the fine is nearly 900 dollars and 9 points off your license - out of 12!).