Monday, June 26, 2006

Penalty Kicks

I just don't get them. How can they be so hard? It has to be nerves. How else can professional players miss the net? And the Swiss, what cheese, they missed three, count 'em, three times. How utterly embarrassing.

Did you see that the coach of the Ukrainian Owen Wilson wanna-be's was crying after winning. A lot of men cry at the World Cup. I love that. More tears, more tears.

So the Azzurri will be playing the Owen Wilsons in the quarter finals. Here's where we get too confident, right? Is this where the Italians are so busy looking ahead to the semi-finals, they get stomped on in the quarter-finals? I just can't relax. I know they have to screw up at some point, I just don't know when it's going to be. I hate this.

Last I heard, Figo was okay for the quarter-finals and Cristiano Ronaldo will be healthy too. This is GOOOOOD.

So again, here I am with 2 out of 3 faves through to the next round. Les Bleus tomorrow? Ah mon Dieu, I am not optimistic. I'm taping the match tomorrow, so I'll just check the blog around 3 to make sure Ribery is starting. If he isn't, all is lost. Thus spake me.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

mrs and mr mushrooms are glad that they will be in different timezones when england faces the azzurri's (saturday?)
thus avoiding divorce

cityofmushrooms said...

team owen wilson, you say?
hmmmm

cityofmushrooms said...

as for penalty kicks: how many times has italia gone down because of the dreaded shoot-out?

cityofmushrooms said...

I see the heat in the city of mushrooms has fried mushroom's brain: of course england is not playing the azzurri's next that would be luis and the head-butters from portugal

ahem